Deal locally, face-to-face - follow this one rule and avoid 99% of scam attempts.
- Do not provide payment to anyone you have not met in person.
- Beware offers involving shipping - deal with locals you can meet in person.
- Never wire funds (e.g. Western Union) - anyone who asks you to is a scammer.
- Don't accept cashier/certified checks or money orders - banks cash fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Transactions are between users only, no third party provides a "guarantee".
- Never give out financial info (bank account, social security, Paypal account, etc).
- Do not rent or purchase sight-unseen—that amazing "deal" may not exist.
- "Voicemails" - Any message asking you to access or check "voicemails" or "voice messages" is fraudulent - no such service exists.
Who should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
If you are defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
If you suspect that a post may be connected to a scam, please send us the details.